Senior Associate Attorney Amy L. Howe
Amy Lauren Howe is a valued and highly regarded associate with Echols and Associates. A family lawyer and licensed mediator, she brings more than 10 years of legal expertise to the firm. Her academic credentials include the American Institute For Foreign Study in France, as well as Texas Tech University and Oklahoma City University School of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctor. She was admitted to the Oklahoma Bar Association in 2005.
The focus of her practice at Echols and Associates has been in the area of family law. She brings a fresh perspective along with an energy and intensity that is unmatched when representing her clients. She is dedicated to remaining well informed on current social issues and how they may relate to the needs of her clients.
Ms. Howe is committed to representing the best interests of her clients as she assists families through difficult situations such as divorce, adoption, child support issues and the division of assets. By navigating these complicated situations with compassion and skill, she offers a thorough understanding of complex present-day social issues that may affect the outcome of any situation her clients face. Amy Howe has a firm understanding of the difficult nature of marital and family law cases. She has the desire and experience needed to aggressively pursue the best results for her clients.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Texas Tech University, B.A., English Technical Writing/Art History, 2002
- American Institute of Foreign Study, Paris and Cannes France, 2001
Admissions and Licenses:
- Oklahoma, September 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- Licensed Mediator 2006.
- Oklahoma Bar Association; Family Law Section (since 2005)
- Phi Alpha Delta (Member, 2002)
- American Bar Association (since 2005)
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
Board Member – Young Lawyers Division, 2006-2009
- Cleveland County Bar Association (since 2006)
- “Alimony: Spousal Support vs. Property Division – The Distinctions and Interplay.” Oklahoma County Bar Association. (February, 2016)
- “Divorce Litigation from Start to Finish”, CLE Presentation, National Business Institute (February, 2013)
- Multi Track Presenter at Oklahoma Annual Meeting. (November, 2008)
- Skrapka v. Bonner, 2008 OK 30, 187 P.3d 202. Relative Involvement and Intervention in a DHS Placement in Juvenile Court; and Original Jurisdiction – WRIT OF MANDAMUS AND PROHIBITION in the Oklahoma Supreme Court.” Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section. (July, 2008)
- Rising Star Oklahoma Super Lawyers®. (2012, 2013)
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best Under 40 for Client Satisfaction for 2014, 2015 and 2016
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Nation Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Under 40 Excellence in Family Law 2014 and 2015.
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys, 2016.
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys – Premier 100 Trial Attorneys for 2015.